Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two Tips for Peanut Butter Lovers

1) I buy the so-called natural peanut butter. The kind where the ingredient list is very short. Peanuts. Sometimes peanuts and salt. The oil tends to separate, and sometimes it is difficult and messy to re-emulsify. Solution: if your separated peanut butter is in a glass jar, microwave it for a few seconds and then stir. Much easier. Not suggested if your peanut butter is in a plastic container.

2) My toddler has become picky about bread crust. Sound familiar to anyone? Well, rather than discard the heels of bread (or make all into croutons) I started making her pb&j sandwiches with the crustier heel side on the inside. Get it? Spread the peanut butter and jelly on the side that looks like all crust and leave the bread looking side visible. Even my smart little one is fooled. At least for now.

1 comment:

bearing said...

I will have to try the heel trick on Mark.

(shakes head in incomprehending exasperation, since doesn't everybody know that the heel is the best part? especially straight out of the oven?)