We had some friends over for dinner last night, and I made some nice appetizers.
You may recall last summer when our dehydrator was going non-stop for weeks, primarily drying our huge crop of small tomatoes. We dried some plain and others with a spice mixture. These tomatoes became our 2nd dip last night.
Formerly Dried Tomato Pesto
Rehydrate 2:1 mixture of spiced and plain tomatoes in as little boiling water as possible for about 30 min. Strain out the water using a fine mesh and put the now softened tomatoes into the work bowl of a food processor. Add some olive oil for lubrication and pulse away. Thanks to the spices added last August, nothing else is needed.
We ate this on bread and crackers, but it could also be used for pasta. Pesto just means 'paste'. It doesn't have to mean basil. Tonight we plan to put some of this on fries.
1 comment:
Mmm, the fries sound good. I am slowly reacquainting myself with formerly banned carbohydrate-rich foods and I am reveling in the culinary miracle that is the potato.
Glad to see you blogging again...
Post a Comment