Saturday, October 4, 2008
What to do with zucchini - part 2
It may not seem like it now at the end of summer, but in winter you may actually want zucchini. You can grate it(food processor time!) and freeze it. Freezing it in measured 1 or 2 cup batches is a good idea, and this will fit in a 1qt zip top freezer bag. Squish the air out and freeze it flat, and it doesn't take up much space in the freezer. You can then use the grated zukes in zucchini bread or soups or spaghetti sauce or in the previous or following recipes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've frozen grated zucchini before too and it works so well! I can't wait to try your recipes, they sound delicious!
Yay.. thanks for the recpies. I've frozen zucchini in bite size pieces for soups, etc. but haven't tried grating it and freezing.. will have to do that for sure. I will also have to try some of these tasty alternatives :-)
Post a Comment