Monday, February 25, 2008

Take that, Avenues Bakery!

This is the one I made! Not the magazine picture!

I made the no-knead crusty bread yesterday, and I am pleased to report that it was really all that. We took process pictures, and I will post them later, but in case you were waiting with bated breath I wanted to let you know that this bread is 100% Worth Your Time. Unless you actually live next door to a bakery with which you are really happy, the active time required for this recipe is likely less than you would need to travel to a bakery, and the real cost of the ingredients is far lower than then $4 or so that this loaf would cost at said bakery.

I used a 1:1 mixture of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour.

Soon I will try some mix-ins! Kalamata olives, roasted garlic, etc.

1. the dough








2. flip it a couple of times








3. let it rise








4. after it cools, slice!



1 comment:

Christie said...

That is beautiful. I need to try it!