Thanks for the well wishes - I am feeling back to normal now. It took about a week to recover, even though I started taking Tamiflu within 48 hours of symptom onset. Jeff and Zoey remained fine. They took prophylaxis.
1) I did have the flu shot. Apparently this year 'they' are discovering that there isn't a great match between the vaccine strains and at least one of the circulating strains.
2) My symptoms of this respiratory virus were serious body aches, like waking up because of the ache that was worst in my mid- to lower back and fever. I actually wondered if I had a kidney infection because it hurt so much so suddenly. Note the lack of respiratory symptoms.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have never been officially diagnosed with influenza, but retrospectively I think I've had it 3x. (a) in eighth grade over Thanksgiving. (b) in freshman year of college. (c) in junior year of college.
All three times the major symptom was "ooooooohhhhh it hurts to move think I'll just lie here for the next nine or ten days." (c) also had stomach cramps. None were diagnosed because (a) Mom wasn't the sort to take us to the doctor with cold or flu symptoms and (b)(c) there was no way I was walking to the student health center.
Post a Comment