Thursday, November 5, 2009

Streamlined Muffins

So I modified a bit from the last post about Elizabeth Street Sourdough Muffins and can report good success.

Changes: Instead of the double-refresh, I just scooped out 1/2 cup of the batter and saved it as the future starter and used the rest as my base. Then added 1 cup of oatmeal in the morning, when I added the other ingredients to the batter; used partially rehydrated dried apples (~1/2 cup) and walnuts (~1/2 cup). I came out with 12 nicely-sized muffins all of which are now gone.

2 comments:

bearing said...

Clarification request: Did you add dry raw oatmeal or hydrated cooked oatmeal? And I assume rolled old-fashioned oats?

Christy P. said...

It was dry oatmeal, but today it was quick oats not regular rolled oats.

I don't find quick oats to be very filling if eaten as oatmeal, but my mom likes to use them to make oatmeal cookies when she visits, and 1 cup is not enough for cookies, but it was enough for this, so I used it up!!