Saturday, August 15, 2009

In the spirit of looking back

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. Here's how we looked that day:




So young, so fit. Could you ever imagine me in a dress with a train? It was my maternal grandmother's wedding dress, last worn in 1946. She laughed that my mom had to let it out so that it could be buttoned. We also had to take off the sleeves because my arms were significantly more muscular than grandma's {Michelle Obama had nothing on me then}, and I could neither fasten the buttons at the wrist nor actually bend my arms. I would have been robot bride if the arms had stayed. The background is not a fake backdrop. The wedding was at the YMCA Camp in Estes Park, Colorado, and that is the real scenery.

It was 5 years ago, August 14, 2004.

Erin and Mark were guests at the wedding and were back at the Y this week, check out their photo!

7 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Happy anniversary!!! I love the pictures!

Christie said...

Happy anniversary. Seems like yesterday :-)

bearing said...

I think I deserve a link, don't you?

Mom of four said...

I think you looked so elegant! Beautiful location. And how many people can say they got married at the YMCA :)

Christy P. said...

Thanks for the good wishes all. Erin, I didn't see your blog until I saw this comment because I was practicing my Sunday Ludditism and didn't turn on the computer at all!

Isn't it fun to think about how many of us knew each other when?

Kristy said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember that...it was right before I moved to Las Vegas and had to quit the health dept. But that was fun when you came to visit and we ate chicago style pizza! Now two kids later!!!

bearing said...

The photo was actually taken on the 14th, but I couldn't upload for a couple of days!