I processed 17 pints of salsa today. 10 red and 7 green. I therefore chopped quite a few jalapeno and other chile peppers. My fingers are burned, no I didn't wear gloves. It has never been an issue before. This led me to search the internet for remedies for chile burns. I tried, in order: ice water, milk, washing with dish soap, rubbing alcohol, lemon juice, ice wrapped in a washcloth, rubbing with salt, tylenol (swallowing some, not rubbing on my skin), and finally a paste of baking soda and milk. The verdict? Either the baking soda and milk did something useful, or by the time I got around to that one the tylenol kicked in.
This brings my total processed vegetables to about 40 pints so far this year. The non-salsa jars are cucumber pickles, pickled green beans, and pickled beets! More salsa will occur as will more cucumber pickles.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment