Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One idea for leftover cranberry sauce

We didn't get around to making anything with cranberries for Thanksgiving, but my friend bestowed a bag (12 ounces) of fresh cranberries upon me.

I roasted them in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes until they started to shrivel up. Then into the food processor with the juice and zest of one orange and probably about 1/4 cup of brown sugar. The resulting paste was stirred into a sweetened, butter-enhanced biscuit dough to make cranberry-orange scones. They were delicious, but they looked like raw hamburger. Next time I would reduce the fruit:dough ratio. Then they would likely rise better and not look so meat-y.

I think that this idea would work with leftover cranberry sauce, too. Just be careful that the resulting dough isn't too wet.

Could also use the sauce in a coffee cake!

3 comments:

Christie said...

I like the scone idea.. I do happen to have a supply of fresh cranberry sauce that needs a purpose!

Christy P. said...

I'll admit, I used Bisquick!

Christie said...

Nothing wrong with that.. I still haven't done it at all so perhaps the idea of Bisquick will motivate me to get it done :-)