I was supposed to mix up some Pizza Bianca dough yesterday morning before leaving for work, but I forgot. By the time I could call home there wasn't enough time for it to rise before manipulation and baking needed to occur.
The plan was to have salads with smoked salmon for dinner, and a bread would have rounded out the meal nicely.
I opened my browser (home page New York Times) and discovered that Mark Bittman had posted Olive Oil Matzo just a couple of days ago.
When I got home, I discovered that we had no water (routine maintenance had left the hot water heater leaking, hence all water off) and was even more glad for a fast dinner.
Once the water was back on, I had dinner on the table in less than 40 minutes even including baking the flatbread with Z's help rolling out the dough. They were good and nicely complemented the salads.
The salad dressing was: 4 T olive oil, 2 T lemon juice, 1 T red wine vinegar, 1/2 t italian seasoning dry spices (mix of basil, oregano, thyme, and marjoram), a few healthy grinds of black pepper, 1 pressed clove of garlic. I didn't add salt because smoked salmon tends to be salty enough on its own.
If smoked salmon is not your thing, you could also use tuna, tinned smoked fish, or even cooked chicken. My 3.75 year old reliably eats smoked salmon so we have it pretty regularly. The hot smoked kind at Costco is a good value, and we discovered last night that the 0.75 year old likes it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment