Thursday, June 19, 2008

How to make an amazing Mexican dinner at home

1. Stop at Red Iguana on the way home from work. Purchase your favorite mole by the cup, pint, or quart. I like the verde. J likes amarillo.
2. Make some Mexican filling - meat or veggie.
3. Wrap it in tortillas with the mole. If you and your family all like the same mole, then you could mix it all up in one pot. If you are going for variety, leave the sauce on the side.
4. That's all.

2 comments:

bearing said...

What a coincidence. We are having chicken mole layered with tortillas and cheese for dinner tonight. It's store bought imported mole. My Spanish is crappy so I mangled the can/jar/whatever trying to follow the how-to-open directions.

Lisa R.D. said...

I had to laugh when I saw this post on my Bloglines (since I just subscribed it went back 10 posts). The only thing that showed up under the title was: "Stop at Red Iguana on your way home from work." That's my kind of cooking :). When I actually came to the blog and read that it is a little more involved, I decided that if I lived in your city, I'd likely follow the abbreviated version :).