Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I need inspiration

Who ever heard of a pregnant woman who is uninterested in food? I'm not even nauseous any more, so that's no excuse.

I implore my friends in cyberspace - inspire me! My actual family needs to eat more than cheese and crackers, and I should probably give the gut munchkin more variety, but it just isn't happening.

4 comments:

bearing said...

Funny!

If it were me, I would make vegetable soup, fresh bread, and grilled sausages.

Or meatloaf, roasted mashed potatoes and other root vegetables, and a spinach salad. Ketchup on the side please.

Or a giant bowl of guacamole, sauteed caramelized bell peppers and onions, a pot of black beans in the slow-cooker, and home-fried tortillas.

Or I'd say "hang it all, I'm going out for Thai food." Do they have Thai food in Utah? ;-)

bearing said...

p.s. I haven't seen the peaches and tomatoes yet. Mark dropped his bags in the hall last night and, well, they're still there.

:-)

Christy P. said...

I neglected to mention, of course, that I also wind up cooking things that take 30 min or less when I get home from work.

After getting home from the gym tonight I can make soup and get bread going...

There is a lot of good Thai food in Utah. Not much Chinese, but we do have Thai.

Christie said...

Do you own a slow cooker? I found that during pregnancy if I put something in the crockpot in the morning, then I was committed to it and was always happy about it come dinner time. One of my favorites is chicken breasts(can put in frozen) and tomatillo salsa.. cook it on low for 6-8 hours and then shred with a fork and you've got tacos or burritos or taco salad..

Other things that sounded good were comfort food.. like my mom's chicken and rice(yes, the kind made with condensed soup!) and homemade mac and cheese(make an extra large batch and freeze half)etc.

The other thing that is always good when pregnant is really any food that someone else prepares.. why is that?