Goat Cheese Spread
1 # plain goat cheese (I get it at Costco)
1 or more heads (yes heads, not cloves) of ROASTED garlic
pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
salt if you need it
a few coarse grinds of black pepper
Put all ingredients into the food processor and process to a smooth paste. Drizzle the buttermilk in until the spread is as thin as you would like. Serve with bread, crackers, veggies, whatever you like. If you make it not too thin, you can kind of 'crumble' onto salad or pizza.
BTW, roasted garlic is another great thing to prepare when you are grilling something else. Cut the top off of the head (so that you can access each clove), drizzle or rub with some olive oil and wrap the whole thing in foil. Put it on the grill when you light it and let it stay there through the pre-heating and cooking process - why waste the heat? Don't forget to retrieve it from the grill before you go to bed. This will keep for a while in the fridge in a tightly sealed jar. I prefer glass to plastic so that a plastic dish doesn't acquire an odor that, while yummy, might not agree with other things that I would want to use the plastic for later.
Similarly, on the idea of not wasting heat - after you finish grilling your main dish and the grill is still hot (especially if you have charcoal), it is a great time to grill some sliced fruit for dessert. Peaches and pineapple are really great, but you could do anything you like.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad we found each other (it's been a long year since '07 Cafe!) through Kristy. It's a small world indeed. This recipe sounds yummy, and I have to agree that grilled pineapple is delicious--we'll have to try the peaches, that sounds good too!
Hopefully our paths will cross at the Cafe this year--I'm not too involved with planning, but will be doing several shifts there.
Post a Comment